Thursday, September 16, 2010


For my lovely friend, Angela, who has loved Betsey for as long as I've loved Angela.

Supposedly I had tea at the Plaza when I visited New York 10 years ago, and while I can't remember that, I do remember my Eloise books. They are so plush and silly and really just gorgeous to get lost in. The movie was devastating. As in, awful. As in I couldn't have imagined anything more completely opposite from how I envisioned it. But we just move on from that and remember Hilary Knight's charming illustrations instead!

So BETSEY got the honor of decorating Eloise's suite at the Plaza which is a huge task but I have faith in her and I feel like she's probably Eloise all-grown up so she I trust she found the spirit of the thing. I supposed I'll just have to book the suite for myself to make a well reasoned decision.
For Spring 2010 she showed her collection at the Plaza and HOW ADORABLE IS THIS?!?
Perrrrrrfect-o!


I would simply die if I went to tea at the Plaza with my friends in these dresses with all the petticoats etc. It's such a mad, frivolous fabulousness!
Of course we'd look completely silly but that would just make it all the more fun.

No comments: