Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today at DSW, while I was tottering around in shoes I'd never actually buy, I mentioned to my mom I want some Calvins. I mean, it's not like this is really anything new. Yes, the big buzz about the latest billboard did re-spark my interest, but I originally wanted a pair about a year ago. But, of course, my mom had heard about the ad and consequently shut me down immediately. What a buzz kill. I do think the television commercial goes too far, but I don't feel the same about the billboard. It's been replaced with a gorgeous model in a little red bikini. So cool. Now instead of a sex scandal, girls will just want to puke up that burger they just ate. Nice.

But Calvin Klein is just so iconic! Especially of the 80's and 90's, with Brooke Shields, Back to the Future, Kate Moss, Marky Mark... And I'm really into those two decades right now. But hey, Calvin Klein got the attention they wanted, and maybe my mom will come around. Yeahhh..


No comments: