Sunday, August 1, 2010


This weekend I attended my very first rodeo! YeeeeeeeeeHAW!
Friday night was a Jamey Johnson concert and the rodeo began on Saturday. I thought I'd be real clever about it and dress the part...jean shorts and cowboy boots. I quickly realized the U.P. Pro Rodeo is nothing like the Hoedown, and the real country boys and girls don't play dress up. I felt like a huge joke to the real cowgirls who seemed to follow the more practical uniform of boots, blue jeans, sparkly belt, patterned button-down and a hat. The cowboys wore about the same - minus the sparkly belt - but personally I think they wore it much better. ;)


The second day I just decided to take my friend's advice and embrace the fact that I was a misfit. I took it to the extreme and outfitted myself with a hat and scarf from a vintage store in town.

No comments: