Tuesday, March 9, 2010



So...the Oscars...
Robert Downey Jr. had a certain panache that only he could pull off * Despite her greatest efforts, Kristen Stewart couldn't repress her smiles * Zac Efron needed those Axe girls to jump him and wash his hair * Clooney was extra pissy (demonstration of excellent acting skills?) at the terrific hosts * The opening musical display was rather uninspiring - though granted, nothing can really live up to Hugh Jackman * And Kathryn Bigelow totally whipped her ex (OHHHH burrrrn)

Miley needs better posture, as her painfully hunched shoulders were completely distracting from her gown, which I think I liked, but I'm just not sure because I couldn't tear my gaze away from that repulsive stance she was forcing herself into!

I actually really enjoyed Diane Kruger's Chanel gown, contrary to the general consensus. I saw Karlie Kloss wearing it several months ago somewhere on this endless Web and snagged the picture. I think it's very soft and delicate - which to me is the appropriate theme for the Oscars- but in an unconventional way. And I guess all that fluff could potentially be rather unflattering, but not on Miss Kruger.

Meryl Streep looked fabulous in her white gown, but I didn't realize that it was made by a previous Project Runway participant, Chris March. He was one of the absolutely ridiculous personalities on the show. It's so great to see that that show really does give designers a foot up in tha bizzzz.

Rachel McAdams was absolutely heavenly. She's an actress who everyone gushes over constantly, but I've never really been as enthusiastic. Her appearance at the Oscars changed that. Just everything about her was so....clean...maybe "fresh" is a better term.
As I was looking through the Spring couture shows( to pick out my would-be Oscar ensamble, of course) I found that McAdams' was an Elie Saab creation. I love that they are romantic, soft, beautiful, delicate, etc., which I believe an Oscar gown should be.

My Oscar rips were pretty mild, but for some nasty go here. Also the source of most of these pictures.

No comments: