Thursday, August 13, 2009


I've gotta say, I liked Miley's performance at the Teen Choice Awards. It's growing on me. Yes, it's rather slutty. Daisy Dukes, a sheer black bra, the dancing, and, um, a pole? That's taking it just a bit too far. Ok, way too far. Because that's really the center of the buzz. But she looked good, I actually like her song, and she's definitely getting the PR she obviously wanted from it. I mean, she's a pop star, what are you people expecting, khakis and a nice Brooks Brother's button down? Pearl earrings? Uh...no. My main problem is that she is still completely associated with Disney and Hannah Montana, and before slutting-up her image Walmart needs to stop selling light-up tennis shoes and school supplies with images of her beaming in a blonde wig and tacky outfits plastered on them. Oh oh and what's up with her suddenly looking a whole lot like Megan Fox? Or is that just me?


As for the rest of the show, I really enjoyed it. Sean Kingston was too excited to put any effort into lip synching, a handful of girls had their greatest dream come true when Nick Jonas gave them all .5 second hugs, and the Twilight cast was once again the cool kids. Also, Joe's hair looked really good. I'm not sure how long it's been styled like that since I'm not a massive fan and don't stalk them through the tabloids, but it's much better than however it used to be. Oh and of course Selena Gomez looked fab. She's probably the best dressed Disney star I've ever seen. At least that I can think of at the moment.




No comments: